Chair Hire took Muswell Hill Broadway by a very large margin. Much to the dismay of the Catering Hire Dept, chairs boasted the margin of 65% of all hire products supplied to the area was by far the largest margin ever recorded in this annual competition. Folding Chair Hire was their king pin with banqueting coming in a close second. check out the history of Muswell hill below and get a taste of the area.
Chair Hire and Muswell Hill History
Muswell Hill is a suburb of north London, mostly in the London Borough of Haringey. It is situated about 6 miles (10 km) north of Charing Cross and around 8 miles from the City of London. Muswell Hill is in the N10 postal area and primarily in the Hornsey and Wood Green parliamentary constituency.
The earliest records of Muswell Hill date from the 12th century although I souldn’t think there was much need for catering hire then. The Bishop of London, who was the Lord of the Manor of Harringay, possessed the location and given 65 acres, located to the eastern of Colney Hatch Lane, to a freshly formed order of nuns. The nuns developed a church on the site and called it Our Lady of Muswell.
The name Muswell is thought to come from a natural spring or well, said to have miraculous homes. The conventional tale tells that a Scottish king was treated of condition after consuming the water. The location became a place of pilgrimage for recovering throughout medieval times. The River Moselle, which has its source in Muswell Hill and Highgate, derives its name from this district; it was initially called the Mosa or Mosella.
In the 18th century Muswell Hill was a scattered village consisting primarily of removed villas with huge yards. In 1787 one commentator composed that nowhere within 100 miles of London was there a town so pleasurable or with such different views. Little had actually altered by the middle of the 19th century. One of your homes of the time was The Limes. This residence occupied the angle of Muswell Hill Road with Colney Hatch Lane (The busiest part for catering hire) and was a three-storeyed residential property with portico and two-storeyed wing approached by a double carriage drive through outstanding gateways. The large grounds of your house reached Tetherdown and consisted of a lake. Contrary The Limes was Muswell Hill pond and past that the Green Man inn, constructed of stone. Further down the hill past the Green Man was the Elms a squat three-storeyed residence later improved by Thomas Cubitt score in 11 acres, part of the premises of which were set out by Joseph Paxton. A brief distance down the north side of Muswell Hill was the Grove, which was 3 storeys high and had nine bays with pedimented projections at each end. It stood in 8 acres of grounds which consisted of a 2000 yard opportunity of oaks. In 1774 your house was occupied by Topham Beauclerk. A little further down the hill stood Grove Lodge, additionally in wooded premises. Completely there were eight properties in Muswell Hill worthy of note in 1817.